August 21, 2010

OkayAfrica!


I was doing my regular rounds on the blogs today, when I was pleasantly surprised to discover that okayplayer have a new site dedicated entirely to African music & culture! Check it out > okayafrica.

This is great news considering there really is a lack of good quality websites/blogs that focus on African music, yet we all know how much amazing talent the motherland has to offer! Okayplayer generally has good writers + content so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new site brings to the table.

I've posted two dope tracks after the jump that caught my ear while I was exploring their site. Listen/download below...



Timi Da Blackone - Where You Dey

Nigerian born Timi Da Blackone (Originally a member of hip hop group Da Trybe) took some time off to finish his dentistry degree but he shows no signs of rustiness with this new single. Dopeness!

Goapele + Hip Hop Pantsula - Victory
Apparantly, Goapele means 'to move forward' in Setswana - a name given to her by her South African father. The track is taken from an upcoming project also titled Victory which features a number of artists from Africa and the diaspora. (We'll definately be keeping an eye out for the project on the strength of this track! When its available we'll post it right here on 25toLyf - The African Hip Hop Blog.)

blog comments powered by Disqus